Thursday, February 16, 2012

Do You Trust?


Scripture:
Psalm 116:1-6 (NIV)

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
   he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
   I will call on him as long as I live.
  The cords of death entangled me,
   the anguish of the grave came over me;
   I was overcome by distress and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the LORD:
   “LORD, save me!”
  The LORD is gracious and righteous;
   our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the unwary;
   when I was brought low, he saved me.

Devotional:

Has anyone ever let you down?  Have they failed you in some way?  Could it be that we have issues trusting God because we put human limitations upon Him?  There are times when I have said or done something to let others down.  I have failed in performing a task that I said I would.  I have made hurtful comments to someone.  The worst is yelling at my kids when I am frustrated, and they don’t deserve it.  The point is that I have failed in some form or fashion those that I love.  Unintentionally they too have failed me at some point.  We are sinners and we make mistakes.

God never fails.  He never lets us down.  We can always count on Him to be there and to see us through.  Psalm 116:5-6 (NIV)

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
   our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the unwary;
   when I was brought low, he saved me.

God loves us so much that He gave us everything.  He is our protector.  He is our provider.  He is our savior.  There is one thing you can always count on, God is there for you.  He will never fail.  The failure is when we place limitations on God.  We tend to put Him in a box.  The truth is that there is not a box big enough to contain our God.  He is truly limitless.  We can trust Him and count on Him for any and everything.  He will not fail…

No comments:

Post a Comment