Friday, February 17, 2012

Have You Died?


Scripture:
Romans 6:12-14 (NASB)

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Devotional:

Have you died?  Are you still living?  Romans 6:8 (NASB) “Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,”  As a matter of fact if we have accepted Christ as our savior we have died to our old lives.  We died in His death only to be raised in new life.  It is in Christ that we have been given true everlasting life.  For Christ died once and for all for all sin.  John 3:16 says it all ““For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”

We are no longer bound by the law, we are no longer bound by death.  But this does not give us free reign to continue in sin.  I know I have struggled with the same sins over and over in life.  As Paul stated I find I do those things that I do not wish to do.  I find I cannot do the things that I wish to do.  I am weak.  It is through the Holy Spirit that we are enabled to do those things that we know are right.  It is through the Holy Spirit that we are able to stand firm against those things that we know we should not do.  God’s grace is sufficient for us all.  No matter how many times we mess up His grace is there for us.  As we go forth let us strive for perfection knowing its success through the Holy Spirit and Grace…

No comments:

Post a Comment