Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do You Love God? Does It Show?


Scripture:
Hebrews 6:10-12
(NASB)

For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Devotional:

Recently I had a conversation with a friend about self confidence and abilities.  There are times I feel inadequate to the task at hand.  I often think who would want to hear what I have to say.  Other thoughts include who am I to do this.  The truth is that if God calls you to it, then you are the person.  He will equip you with what you need to be successful.  Are you willing to put forth your best effort for His glory regardless of the task?  2 Corinthians 3:4-6 (NASB), “Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”  Are we doing our best for Him?  After all He is equipping us to the task He has given us.
 
It is easy to say we love Him.  It is one thing to speak the words.  It is another to show our love.  We can show our love for him by our deeds and actions.  We can undertake the tasks He gives regardless of how we feel.  It doesn’t matter if you do not feel qualified.  We shouldn’t let our own busyness get in the way either.  Too often I find my days filled and before I know it another week has gone by.  Too many times I let slip by opportunities God placed before me to be a part of His ministry.  I need to make sure I have time for God.  Sometimes we become selfish and do not wish to be bothered.  We want God to leave us alone to our lives.  We want to profess our love and move on.  No matter the reasons, it is simply too easy not to show our love for God.  Do you love God?  Are you willing to show that love?  God showed us how much He loved us.  He sent His son to live, suffer, and die for us.  What more could He give?

No comments:

Post a Comment