Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friends


Scripture:
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)

Two are better than one,
   because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
   two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Devotional:

Friendship can be the difference between success and failure.  It can make the difference between life and death.  Loneliness can lead depression and if it runs too deep can lead to feelings of unworthiness.  After all I must not be worth anything because no one likes me.  Think about the times when you felt lonely.  What other emotions were there?  Companionship can do wonders to lift up spirits and lighten burdens.  I remember when I was in high-school.  My freshman year I ran cross country.  I always found it easier when I had someone to run with than running alone.  When I had a partner alongside me I could run faster and farther.  It has always been easier to actually get out there and workout when I had a partner. 


When was someone a friend to you?  How did it make you feel knowing someone was there for you?  When was the last time you were a friend to someone?  Friendship goes both ways.  You can make a difference and not even realize it.  Through friendship we can share in each other’s burdens and joys.  We lighten the one and increase the other.  God never intended us to be all alone.  He meant for us to fellowship with one another.  He meant for us to have relationships with people, and most of all with Him.  He is our friend and He is always with us.  He will make a difference in our lives if we let Him.  Who knows who God will use to touch your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment