Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When the Unplanned Happens...


Scripture:
Acts 16:9-31

A couple of years ago I was at a conference for work.  It took me away from home for a couple of nights.  My boss informed us that there was a get together in the hotel.  He was planning on going and inquired if we were.  I remember that I didn’t really feel like going.  I would have preferred to walk around outside or even retire early to my room.  Instead I went upstairs to the gathering.  I met a few people and enjoyed some small talk.  The best part was meeting someone who has become a very dear friend of mine.  Looking back I can see all the events that took place to bring us together.  Some people might say it was just coincidence.  We know better.  God brought us to that place at the same time for a purpose.

Even though it may not seem like it at the time God has a plan for you when the unexpected happens.  He might bring you to a place you hadn’t thought of going.  Events happen that you just didn’t plan on or want to be a part of.  In these moments we can get upset or discouraged or we can find God in them.  In the end you just never know whose life you might touch and change.  You never know who might come along and change your life.  Just remember God has a plan even if we can’t see it.  So when unexpected things happens look for God.  Seek Him through it and you never know what will happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment