Monday, October 10, 2011

Someone Else



I remember a conversation I had with a friend some time ago.  He professes not to be a believer in Christ.  At one point in our emails I asked a simple question.  “What if I am right?”  In Philippians 2 we are told every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.  At some point we will all acknowledge the sovereignty of Jesus, the fact that He is the Son of God.  If we wait till our life here is over it will be too late.  Nancy and I recently watched a movie with Joe Pesci and Brandan Fraser.  In it Joe’s character was dying from asbestos.  In one scene Joe’s character said he didn’t want to be alone while he was dying.  In the end he dies in the company of four college students who befriended him.  What was said was the absence of God.

In the movie we do not know if he was saved or not, I guess it doesn’t matter since it was just a movie.  The thing of it is though is people live and die every day without Christ in their lives.  Too many people die without ever really getting to know Jesus, until it is too late.  Christians have become afraid to evangelize, myself included.  We are too busy, or feel that we cannot make a difference.  We often think that someone else can do it.  The problem is I have never in my life ever met “someone else.”  Have you ever met them?

The truth is all you have to do is touch one life in some way, then at some point that one life could be saved.  If enough Christians touched one life we could change the world.  One becomes two, then two become four.  We cannot continue to wait for “Someone Else” to come along and do the work for us…

No comments:

Post a Comment