Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alone in the Dark



I remember growing up being home alone in the evenings.  I would be in the den and need to go through the house to the other side.  It would be dark and no one else would be home.  As I went through the house I would turn on all the lights.  They would stay on until I went back through to the den.  I could scare myself silly all alone in the dark.

In life how many times have we felt this way?  How often have we felt all alone in the dark with no one around, scaring ourselves silly?  The good news is that we are never truly alone.  God is always with us.  Jesus told the disciples that He is sending us a helper who will be with us forever.  Once we accept Christ as our Savior we are filled with the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit enables us, guides us, and dwells within us.  We are never separated from God.  We are no longer orphans abandoned left alone in the cold and dark.  We have a home and we have someone to light the way for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment