Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We Are A Team...



There are times when we read the Scripture and it cuts us like a knife.  Our thoughts, beliefs, and feelings are ripped open.  At that time it is clear to us that we have been wrong.  We need to change.  We need the grace of Christ in our lives.  At that moment we are faced with a crucial decision to make.  Do I continue as I did or do I change my ways?   

As I read today’s scriptures I had two thoughts come to my mind.  The first was after reading Exodus 17:8-13 and the devotional.  I was reminded that we are not meant to go through this life alone.  As Christians we are a team.  As most of us have heard over and over there is no I in team.  When we stand alone we cannot accomplish near as much as we can when we work together.  Alone we are weaker and more susceptible to attacks from the enemy.  Together we stand united and strong.  We hold each other accountable, giving strength and aid.  Moses clearly didn’t win the battle against Amalek alone.  It took a team effort.  Even standing upon the hill Moses didn’t do it alone.  Aaron and Hur were on each side of him holding him up.

Who holds you up when you need a supporting hand?  Who points out your wrong doings and holds you to the higher standard we are called to?  My second thought came when reading Ephesians 5:1-10.  I have sin in my life.  I messed up, and to make it worse I keep getting it wrong no matter how hard I try.  I want to be in the light.  I want to be that which Christ calls me to be.  However, I still find myself walking alone in the dark.  Sometimes there is a sin, or sins, in our lives that we continuously repeat over and over.  No matter how hard we try we fail to overcome.  We say prayers, earnestly wanting to change.  In the end we find ourselves repeating them, especially myself.  This is why we are not meant to go at it alone.  This is why we need each other.  Not to condemn or judge one another against our sins.  Instead we are to encourage one another and to show God’s grace and mercy.  We lend one another strength to overcome.  Don’t stand alone; remember there is no I in team.  A team is made up of several people working together.  Christians form a team.  We are a team that should be working together for the Glory of God…

No comments:

Post a Comment