Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lost but Found



I remember one anniversary Nancy and I went downtown Atlanta to the Aquarium.  Finding the place was easy.  We had a wonderful time looking at all the fish talking about this and that.  As we left the parking lot I missed a turn.  We never saw the signs directing us back to the interstate.  We drove around aimlessly unable to find our way out.  Finally we found a police officer and asked directions to the interstate.  He told us where to go and even led the way through a few turns to ensure we made it.

How often in our lives do we miss a turn without even realizing it?  We suddenly find ourselves off track wandering around aimlessly through life.  The good news is God is waiting to show us the way.  John 14:6 “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.’  Also in John 14:26 “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”  The Holy Spirit was sent to us after Jesus ascended to heaven.  The Holy Spirit is our guide.  Just as the police officer showed Nancy and I the way so will the Holy Spirit.

We are the lost children of God.  He is waiting for us to return to Him.  He has shown us the way and given us a guide.  We just have to decide to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment