Monday, June 13, 2011

Being Flexible...



Everyone goes through hard times.  It seems now more so than ever.  Something I found intriguing is that skyscrapers are built to sway.  I had thought they would have been rigid not moving.  I learned that they are built to give and sway.  I learned this one day when I was on one of the upper floors of the Sears Tower.  I was working on some printers.  It seemed to me that the building was moving.  I made a comment that if I didn’t know better I would have sworn we were moving.  The person I was speaking to said that we are probably swaying slightly back and forth in the high winds.  It was then that I learned the buildings were built that way so that they could withstand the pressures of high winds and shifts in the earth.  If they were built rigid and unmoving they would tumble to the ground.

Our faith is much the same.  If we are unyielding to God’s subtle shifts in our lives we can come crashing down.  We have certain aspects of how we thing things should be.  When God doesn’t fit the bill we have the potential to fall apart, often times we do.  So when hardships come our way instead of being unyielding we must give under God’s gentle prodding’s.  We must never give in or change our core beliefs that are taught in the Bible.  We just need to be flexible with how God interacts in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment