Wednesday, June 22, 2011

God is Calling

Scripture:

When the chips are down and you feel hurt or disappointed it is important to remember God.  All of us find ourselves dealing with hurt and disappointment.  Everyone goes through hard times and have painful moments in our lives.  What we need to remember that it is not if but when.  That when faced with the pain and hurt or hardships we rely on God.  What makes or breaks us is how we deal with adversity in our lives.  We can clam up and try to shut the world out.  Some people lash out and try to strike back at anyone at all.  Still others will put all blame on someone or something else.  Regardless of how we want to react we need to ask ourselves how we should react.  Habakkuk 3:18 (NASB) gives us the best possible answer “Yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.” 

Jesus said that he would never leave or forsake us.  He is our foundation and refuge.  Matthew 11:28-30 (NASB) “28’“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.’”  Something to keep in mind is that God will provide our needs.  No matter what we are going through and how bad it seems He will be there.  In our times of greatest need God was with us.  Nancy and I have always had our needs met.  We have never been forgotten by God.  There are times though that I have to remind myself that God will provide.  There are still times when I just do not know how we will make it.  When this happens I need to remember Matthew 6:25-30 (NASB):

    25 “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

How much more does God do for us?  How much does He give to us?  I know God will provide.  I know He will see me through the hard times and share the good times with me.  So why do I get anxious and worry?  I lose my focus on Him.  I start focusing on the world around me.  Gideon felt unworthy and the least of his family.  Despite of his earthly status God saw him as a mighty warrior who will save his people.  God was with Gideon and provided for him.  God protected him and enabled him.  God was with Gideon in his darkest hours.  God called him to service.  God is with us in our darkest hours.  God is calling us…

No comments:

Post a Comment