Monday, April 25, 2011

What it means to be a saint...


Scripture:

When you think about saints what comes to mind?  One thing I think of are all the Catholic Saints.  I ponder what they require to become a saint. It is a long and difficult process that only begins after your death.  There are certain requirements that must be made to even be considered.  There are only ten thousand or so Catholic saints.

What does it really mean to be a so called saint?  In truth if you are follower of Christ you are sanctified. Sanctify means to be set apart for sacred use, consecrate; to make holy, purify; to make productive of holiness or spiritual blessings.  In other words you are set apart by God from the world.  You are made holy and purified.  Because we are one of God's people we need to live our lives accordingly.  No we are not perfect and we will make mistakes along the way.  That still doesn't change the fact that you and I are a part of the body of Christ.  That makes us Sanctified and that makes us saints. 

Paul who was the last to become an Apostle didn't feel that he deserved to be considered one.  Prior to being an Apostle he did all he could to persecute all Christians, or Followers Of The Way.  It is through the grace of God that his life was changed.  In his weakness he became an instrument for Christ helping to change the world we live in today.  Paul doesn't take any credit but gives all the glory to God. 1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Let us remember that it is not our own works but the grace of God that enables us to accomplish anything.  I could not write my devotional thoughts and email them if not for the grace given me by Jesus my lord and savior.  All things can be done through Christ.  I, we, can do all things in and through Jesus Christ our Lord and savior…


No comments:

Post a Comment