Monday, April 18, 2011

Are We Denied A Blessing?


Scripture
Psalm 67

Years ago someone told me that when I refuse to allow someone to help me I deny them a blessing.  I had never really thought of it that way.  Its not that I didn't want any help.  I just never really wanted to ask for it.  As a matter of fact today I still struggle with sharing with others problems or concerns I have.  I shared this with a friend who reluctantly asked for some help.  

All of us would prefer to give instead of receive.  But we must keep in mind that God uses us to bless others.  If we do not allow someone to help us or share in God's blessings we deny them their blessings from God. We can find it difficult to give at times.  We also find it much more difficult to receive most of the time.  Next time we struggle we need to remember to share with others.  A burden shared is a lighter burden than when dealt with alone.  By sharing our troubles or cares with someone God just might use that person to bless you.  Then they too can receive a blessing.  As our blessing cups are emptied God will refill them.  They will never truly go dry but will always be filled to the top.  All we have to do is put our faith and trust in God.  Seek His will and allow Him to work in and through us. 

Psalm 67:1 "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine on us--"

No comments:

Post a Comment