Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Going The Right Way...



I remember when I was sixteen I took a motorcycle safety course.  It wasn’t that I didn’t know how to ride.  I was a decent rider.  However, the course gave better knowledge and understanding in riding a motorcycle on the streets.  The course helped me to grow as a rider, be more responsible and safer.

Our scriptures today cover two areas.  One is growing spiritually and the other being instructed by God.  The two really go hand in hand.  If we are not learning more about God how can we grow closer?  Psalm 25:12 “Who is the man who fears the Lord?  He will instruct him in the way he should choose.” 

A toddler will follow a parent’s lead.  They will hold mom or dad’s hand and walk with them.  As the child grows they will start to walk on their own and in their own direction.  As we grow let us not walk far from God but stay close.  We need to continue to learn and grow.  As we do so we will continue to walk the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment