Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Are We Fools Yet?



Nobody wants to be considered stupid.  We like to think of ourselves as pretty smart or wise.  The Bible even talks about wisdom   In the NIV translation of the Bible wisdom is used over two hundred twenty times.  So why is it that most of the time I feel like the fool.  It seems that I make all the wrong decisions at all the wrong times. 

I will pray over things and think about them and what seems to me ends up being a foolish decision.  If I only did…  Do you ever hear yourself thinking or saying that?  I know I have.  The best thing ever is that God is with us.  He will never leave or abandon us.  Psalm 73:23 “Yet I am always with you,  you hold me by my right hand.

We are told to fear the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.  Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.    God gives us wisdom and knowledge.  We just need to make sure we keep our focus on Him.  As long as we turn to God for guidance He will give us what we need to make the right decisions.  As long as we keep our minds and hearts open to Him we can still gain wisdom even through our failures.  God will let us fall just enough to teach us.  Think of a child.  When they learn to ride their bikes at some point dad will let go of the bike.  When teaching my kids to ride a bike I would hold the bike just enough to keep them up.  After a bit I would let them balance themselves.  Sometimes the bike would tip and fall.  My hand would be on the bike to help ease it down.  They still fell but not as hard if I weren’t holding the bike at all.  Eventually they learned to ride without me holding on to them at all.

The good news is that God is holding on.  Sometimes He holds us just enough so that when we do fall we are not badly hurt.  Other times He holds on to keep us from falling.  He will never truly let go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment