Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Me Great, Naw...

Scripture:
2 Chronicles 26:3-19
Colossians 2:13-14


One thing I never want to get away from is giving God credit.  There have been a few times after giving a devotional or sermon when someone would come up and say you did a good job, or that was a really good sermon.  As they gave me praise I would shift the focus from me to God.  I knew that what I said wasn't me but God through me.  I could never say anything profound or theologically great.  Even these thoughts I share are insights that God has given me.  I always pray before writing a devotional or sermon for God to give me the words to speak.  I even pray for the words to write in these emails & blog posts.

For years I have been a computer technician or systems analyst.  I have had a successful career in the I.T. field.  However, my success and abilities are not my own.  God has given me the knowledge and skills.  He is the one not me that is able to accomplish all that I do.  I try to pray every morning for God to give me wisdom and the knowledge I need for that day.

The days I fail, or feel a total failure, are the days I forget to include God.  Those are the times when I say "I did it..."  If you look at our Biblical greats they all made monumental accomplishments only because, and when, they fully trusted and relied on God.  Just to name a few examples are Moses, King David, and King Uzziah.  Each were great and did great things, but only when they turned to God.  Their greatness came because they were faithful to God.

Let us all remember that it isn't because we can do it.  It is all because God works in and through us...

No comments:

Post a Comment