Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Waiting...

Scripture:
Psalm 27:14
Luke 2:1-7



14Wait for the LORD;
         Be strong and let your heart take courage;
         Yes, wait for the LORD.

At one of the In-Depth small group meetings I shared some concerns and issues I have been dealing with.  I told them that I was praying over it all.  I shared that I firmly believe I am where God has placed me.  I was asked what was God telling me at this time.  My answer after a brief pause was that God is telling me to wait.  I need to wait upon Him.

It is difficult dealing with these things on a daily basis.  I have reached a point of dread.  However, I do feel God has placed me where He wants me.  I do know He is with me.  He hasn't forsaken me or left me. Some 2,000 years ago Jesus was born to be our savior, our salvation.  God's people had been waiting for years upon years.  When He came many of His chosen people rejected Him.  They waited for a savior and didn't see it when He did come. 

Let us not be like that.  Let us take courage and wait upon the Lord.  Let us see and hear Him when it is time. We need not to act in haste or prematurely.  If we wait and rely on God everything will work out so much better.  If I were not where I am today, where He placed me.  I would not know the people I know.  I wouldn't have the fellowship I have.  I wouldn't have the encouragement and strength offered by fellow Christians.  I wouldn't writing this email today.

God has His reasons and He has His plans.  They are much better than mine.  So will I will wait upon Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment