Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Comfort...

Scripture:
2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Isaiah 26:2-4

I remember years ago I had my own computer business.  Things had been shaky at best almost all the time.  That year I went to a Promise Keepers event with a few church members and our pastor.  During one of the breaks I was feeling rather depressed and frustrated.  I had walked outside with one particular person in the group.  We had sat down together to eat our lunches.  During this time we started to talk.  I ended up pouring out my heart and soul to him.  He sat and listened and didn't judge.  He offered friendship and comfort.  Since then him and his wife have become dear and close friends of ours.  They are adopted grandparents to our children, who love them dearly.  The influence, support and love they give has been the comfort we have needed from time to time over the years.  God definitely blessed me when He brought Oz into my life.

As the years pass by I look back and see all that we have been through.  Nancy and I have been more sympathetic to those who have struggled financially.  All of us have had financial woes.  Some of those woes are our own fault and some we have had no control over.  Regardless of the reason we still need support, understanding, and love. 

God brought Oz and his wife to us when we needed them.  He recently brought another friend  into my life that has listened to my constant complaints and woes without judgment or criticism.  I am very grateful and thankful to God that He has blessed me with Oz and Rich.  As I go through life I only hope and pray that I too can be that comfort and friendship to someone else in need...

No comments:

Post a Comment