Monday, December 20, 2010

To Trust or Not To Trust...



God is so good and loving and yet we have a hard time trusting in Him.  God sent us the greatest gift of all time.  He gave Himself for our salvation.  Over this past year God has brought me to levels of dependency that I didn't even know I could get to.  Every time I turn around I have found I had no choice to to rely on Him.  Every time He has proven trustworthy.  So why is it so hard to trust.

We live in a world of cold hard facts.  If you cannot see it, touch it, heart, smell it, it doesn't exist.  Facing a mountain of bills or troubles of any kind we think how can God possibly help me.  We think we can do it better ourselves.  We think I have been hurt before, why would God help me now.  We feel rejection from the world and associate it with God rejecting us.

When we believe this we are so far from the truth that we cannot comprehend the truth.  The simple answer but so hard to do is turn to God and trust.  Turn to the Scriptures for answers.  Go to God in prayer.  I often ask God to help me with my  unbelief.  I ask for help to over come my doubts.  When I find it hard to trust God I force myself to stop and take a step back.  I have to say God this is beyond me and I can only trust You.  I can't count the number of times I fail.  God is loving, kind, and merciful...  We can trust Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment