Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gifts & Submission

Scripture:

Why is it that we have trouble submitting to the will of God?  What is it that makes us think we can do better. James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."  There are times it seems that the world comes crashing down on me.  In these moments I find I am trying to do it my way on my own.  I do not submit to God's will but struggle with my own will.  Satan seems to grab hold and not let go.  

I find that things in my life work out far better when I submit to God's will and allow Him control.  I look back at all the so called unanswered prayers in my life and see God's hand at work.  Had God given me exactly what I asked for when I asked for it my life would have been filled with even more disasters.  I look back and see God's answer to those prayers.  I think what a blessing God gave me and I didn't even see it.

All we have to do is submit to His will.  It isn't an easy task, I struggle with it daily.  Everything we ask for in His name while seeking His will will be answered.  God wants to bless us and He want's to give us all our desires.  Most parents want to give their kids everything they ask for.  We however can see a bigger picture than they do.  Sometimes we withhold a gift from our children for their own sakes.  Sometimes even if they don't see it we say no because in the end they are better off with the no.  Sometimes we give even before they ask it.  How much more does God do for us?  How much more does He love us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment