Thursday, October 28, 2010

Being Prepared...

Scripture:

When I use go out to work on a computer I can always tell when I am not prepared.  If I forget tools or software I usually end up having problems of some sort.  I would get to a client site and if I had to open the case I would have to borrow a screw driver.  The worst though was not having software to run diagnostics or scan for viruses.  I wouldn't be able to complete the job.  On the other hand when I had all my tools and software I could complete the job.  The computer would be fixed and running properly.

An auto mechanic would not be very effective if they didn't have their scopes, scanners and tools.  They wouldn't be able to accurately diagnose the problem and fix your car.  You wouldn't take your car back there again.

It is much the same for Christians.  We must be prepared at all times.  2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us that the scripture is inspired by God and profitable for our usage.  We can and should use the Scripture to teach, correction and training in the ways of God.  Ephesians 6:10-18 gives us what we need to get ready and to be prepared.  By putting on the full armor of God will we be protected and able to withstand attacks from the enemy.  without God's armor we cannot hope to prevail.  Without arming ourselves with scripture, faith, salvation, righteousness, truth, and prayer we cannot be ready.  Without these we cannot stand firm in the battle. God gives us the resources to triumph all we have to do is use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment