Thursday, October 7, 2010

Walking Through Shadows


___________________

Growing up our house had huge cotton wood trees lining the back of the property.  There was a high chain link fence bordering our property and a car dealership behind us.  At the corners of our property they had huge lights that shined on the lot.  During the winter months those lights would shine through the bare branches of those trees creating shifting shadows in the house.  There would be times when it would be windy and I would be home alone.  Those ominous shadows shifting along the floor and walls in the den would give me a fright.  It didn't take much for me to scare myself.  When ever I wanted to go to the other end of the house I would turn on every light as I went.  

When we scare ourselves all we have to do is remember that Christ is with us. Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  We are to fill ourselves with God's Spirit.  Ephesians 5:18 "And (A)do not get drunk with wine, for that is (B)dissipation, but be (C)filled with the Spirit,"  As long as we seek God and call Him Lord He is with us.  We need to remember that even though we feel alone God is with us.  We do not have to walk through the dark house all by ourselves.  God tells us in Psalm 91:15 that he will remember us and be with us. "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him."  Through thick or thin, better or worse, richer or poorer, health or sickness, through it all God is with us.  He will never forsake us.  We will never truly be all alone in the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment