Monday, November 1, 2010

Who Needs Directions?

Scripture:
Psalm 119:9-16

Why is it that most people, mostly men, do not like to read the directions.  Guys generally do not like to stop and ask for directions to get somewhere.  I remember one of the first trips I made to my parents house in Fayetteville Ga.  I drove in circles trying to find the house.  Finally after being completely lost I stopped to ask how to get there.  Well, I actually had to ask two more times before I could find their street.  

People will often turn to God when help is needed.  After the fact we cry to God to help fix the problem.  Instead we need to read the scripture on a regular basis.  Reading God's word will give us daily instructions on how to live our lives.  I know when I seek God first in my life things tend to go smoother and turn out much better.  When I try to figure things out on my own I tend to get it wrong.  it is like building something out of legos.  When you look at the picture and think you can build it.  Only after messing up several times do you open the directions.  Then and only then can you assemble the image on the box.  The Bible is our instruction book for life.  We get only one life.  It is up to each one of us to determine how we live it.  

Once this life is finished we get eternal life.  Where do you want to spend eternity?  How do you want your next life to be?  You cannot take what you have in this life with you.  Ecclesiastes 5:15 "Everyone comes naked from their mother’s womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands." It is imperative that we get it right here so that we can have an abundant life in heaven.  The Bible will keep us on the right path. Psalm 119:9 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word."

No comments:

Post a Comment