Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is Jesus Your Umbrella?


Scripture:
Psalm 18:6-13

Peace in troubled times can be elusive at best.  I find myself constantly bombarded with worries and stress of this world.  As I struggle to find peace and acceptance I wonder how others cope.  I have a friend who never seems to let his troubles get the best of him.  He always is calm and at peace.  I never hear him complain or gripe.  The fact of the matter is that we can all have that.  All we have to do is seek Christ.  Call upon the Lord our God.  Psalm 18:6 "In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."  

Another friend of mine keeps reminding me of Psalm 91.  I have read it and pray over it on a regular basis now.  Since I started this I have been able to be more at peace.  Verse one states "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."  God is with us no matter what.  All we have to do is trust in Him and cast our cares upon Him.  Jesus has already won the war. John 16:33 "'These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.'"  This isn't a promise of a stress free life with no problems or worries.  This is just a means to see through the difficult times.  When you walk in the rain you can use an umbrella to stay dry.  Jesus is our umbrella against the problems of this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment