Friday, September 14, 2012

God Is Saying "Lean On Me..."


Scripture:
Psalm 18:1-2
(NASB)

“I love You, O Lord, my strength.”
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Devotional:

Recently I had suffered a mild case of vertigo.  It was as if the world around me started to spin around and around uncontrollably.  Several years ago I had a severe case of vertigo. It was so bad I couldn’t even stand up.  Someone either had to hold me up and help me walk or I had to crawl along the floor.

The dependence upon someone else just to be able to stand reminds me of my dependence upon God.  I need to rely on God just to get through the day.  He is my provider and protector.  His love, grace, and mercy are what get me through all situations.  Without Him I would be laying on the floor attempting to crawl around from place to place.  Instead He lifts me up and helps me stand and guides me where I need to go.

Next time you need someone to lean on remember God is already there holding you up…

No comments:

Post a Comment