Friday, January 6, 2012

To Live For Christ...


Scripture:

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!  I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.

Devotional

I remember a comment I made when I was a teenager.  I told a friend, and mentor at the time, of mine that I would willingly die for Christ.  Oh how much easier it would have been to die for Jesus, not that the opportunity ever presented itself.  After commenting on the willingness to die for Jesus I was asked if I was willing to live for Jesus.  That threw me for a loop.  After all it says in the Bible what greater love is there than to lay down one’s own life for another.

Reflecting back I see how living for Christ makes all the difference.  It is easy to die but much harder to live.  While we are here we strive and struggle to make a difference.  We work to make this a better place for those around us.  Our goals should be to win souls for Christ.  It is our duty to encourage one another and uplift one another in Christ.  Recently I was feeling down in the dumps but a simple phone call from a friend cheered me up.  The question to ask is not “are you willing to die for someone, Christ.”  Instead ask “are you willing to live for them?”  It is easier, and much better, to be in heaven with Jesus.  There is no suffering or pain in Heaven.  Here we struggle and deal with hardships and pain.  Are you ready to live for Christ?  Are you ready to make a difference?  After all that is why we are here…

No comments:

Post a Comment