Monday, January 9, 2012

Psalm 91

Psalm 91 makes an awesome prayer for all of us as we struggle through life.  A good friend once shared it with me and told me to pray it.  I did and continue to do so.  I want to share it with everyone.  I made some slight changes that you will find between {}.  I encourage anyone dealing with hardships or troubles to pray Psalm 91, in fact I encourage everyone to pray it...



Psalm 91 (NIV) revised to be my prayer…

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save {me}
from the fowler’s snare
 and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover {me} with his feathers,
 and under his wings {I} will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be {my} shield and rampart.
{I} will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at {my} side,
ten thousand at {my} right hand,
but it will not come near {me}.
{I} will only observe with {my} eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
If {I} say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and {I} make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake {me},
no disaster will come near {my} tent.
For he will command his angels concerning {me}
to guard {me} in all {my} ways;
they will lift {me} up in their hands,
so that you will not strike {my} foot against a stone.
{I} will tread on the lion and the cobra;
{I} will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment