Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's On Your Mind?

Scripture:

In our small group last night the topic of television came up.  The question of how much TV is too much.  Is it bad to watch TV was also a part of the topic.  A comment I made was on what I watched.  One time Nancy asked me if Megan or Aaron walked in the room would I want them to watch what was on.  Of course at the time I didn't answer or made the comment 'sure.'  The truth of it though was most of the programs or movies I was watching I didn't think they should watch.  True some of it was not age appropreite and that was the only reason for them not to watch it.  However, there were also some programs that I felt they shouldn't watch no matter how old they are.  I realized I needed to change my TV habits.
 
How much of our lives are filled with junk?  How much are we doing promotes wordly views and lifestyles?  What are some areas that need to be changed?  Jesus tells us that what is precious to us is where our hearts will be.
Matthew 6:20-22: (New American Standard Bible)
20"But store up for yourselves (A)treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;  21for (B)where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  22"(C)The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.  
 
Is what I am doing something I would want fellow Christians to know about?  Are the things I am occupying my time with placing my heart in the world or in Heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment