Monday, November 29, 2010

Are You Focused?

Scripture:
Exodus 4:1-5
2 Corinthians 9:8-11


Focus, how well do we focus?  Often I have wondered and asked who am I to do this.  Why would God want me to speak to this group or that group?  I use to belong to a men's group at our old church.  Once a month we met for breakfast on Sunday morning before church.  I was one of three who would give the devotional for the morning breakfast.  At first I would think who am I to do this.  I would also ask what could I say to these men who have more experience and wisdom than I do. 

When I would put my focus on God He would reassure me.  It wasn't me but God that called me to it.  It wasn't me that gave the devotions but God speaking through me.  When I focused on God I learned that God doesn't necessarily call those that are qualified.  God will qualify those that He calls.  God will give us what we need to complete His work.  God will reassure us and strengthen us just as He did Moses.  All we have to do is focus on Jesus and cast our worries and cares upon Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment