Monday, July 2, 2012

Companionship


Scripture:
Matthew 28:20
(NIV)

“…and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Devotional:

How awesome is it to know that God is with us.  He is always with us.  We have nothing to fear or worry about.  God loves us so much He wants to be with us.  Think about someone special in your life.  They might be your spouse, or a best friend, maybe your child, brother or sister.  You can’t wait to see them or be with them.  Just talking to them brings joy and happiness.

When Nancy and I first starting seeing each other I couldn’t wait till be with her again.  I hated being apart.  I longed to be off work so that we could be together.  On our first date we talked for hours, our date lasted over twelve hours.  Even today I can’t wait to get off work so that I can go home and be with her again.  I often think how empty my life would be without her.  How much more does God want to be with us?  He wants us to want to be with Him.   How much time do you take to spend with God?  Are you too busy for Him?  Think about how much you want to be with the “love of your life” here on earth.  God wants to spend time with you even more than that.  The good news is that God is there, even if we are not.  God is waiting for us to turn around and give Him our attention.  He is with us through it all.  He will never leave us or abandon us.  What greater friend could we have than Him?  Whether the times are good, tough, or bad, remember that God is with you.  He wants to be with you.  He wants a relationship with you bad enough that He sent His son to show us His love, to teach us, and ultimately die in order that we might be with Him forever.  John 15:13 (NASB), “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment