Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thank You God


Scripture:
Ephesians 1:15-18
(NIV)

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Devotional:

Who has God sent in your life that you are thankful for?  Who do you give thanks to God because that person is in your life?  The first, and obvious, person that comes to my mind is Nancy.  I would be so lost without her.  She has become a foundation in my life to help me keep going, even when I don’t want to.  There is another person I am truly thankful for.  R. is one of the most insightful people I know.  He is more in tune with the Holy Spirit than anyone else.  If I need someone to help me see God He is one of the first I want to contact.  Another man I have known for years, who was the pastor of our church when I was in high school, is Peter P.  He is the Godliest man I have ever seen, heard, or have meet in this entire world.  He is truly a man I look up to and want to be more like.  Recently I am thankful for such a wonderful church staff.  Our current church has the best group of pastors I think you could have.  Each of them seeks God’s heart for their lives and that of the church.  Each are caring and giving looking to do God’s work, not only in the church but in the community as well.  I have had the benefit of knowing and speaking with several of the pastors from time to time.  Each of them has helped me with struggles I have dealt with.

My list could go on but the most important person I am thankful for is Christ.  Because of Him I can have a relationship with God.  Because of Him I have a place waiting for me in heaven.  What about you?  Who are you thankful for?  Who has made the most influence in your life?  Who has God sent to help you in some way?  Do you give thanks for them?  Have you thanked God for them in your life?  We need others in our lives that can influence and help shape us into better Christians.  At the same time think about who you are there for.  Whose life do you touch?  Who is thankful that you are around?  Seek out someone and share with them that you are thankful that God has used them in your life.  Pray for all those that God has sent into your life.  Pray for those you are thankful for…

In memory of Inez Stover, I want to say thank you God for her influence in my life as a young teenager.  You used her to do great things in others, myself included.  I would not have the life I have if it were not for her, Thank you…

No comments:

Post a Comment