Wednesday, July 25, 2012

seek, Knock, Ask...


Scripture:
Luke 11:9-13
(NASB)

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened. Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

Devotional:

Have you ever looked for those elusive car keys?  How about those pesky glasses that always disappear, usually on top of your head?  There is always something we search for that we just cannot seem to find. 
Good news, I found what you are looking for.  I am not the only one that has found it.  Some people may not even know what it is they seek after.  They just know they are searching.  What is it that each of us seeks out?  We are desperately searching for something to fill that void in our lives.  You know the one that can never seem to be filled.  Deep inside of us there are times when we feel emptiness in our lives.  No matter what we do or where we go we cannot get rid of it.  

Seek, and you shall find.  Once we realize who we are looking for all we have to do is ask.  Jesus tells us that if we seek we shall find.  It isn’t hard to find Jesus.  He is right there waiting.  All we have to do is knock and ask.  He will gladly open doors and let us in.  Jesus will fill the void in our lives.  He will fill the emptiness we have in our hearts.  All you have to do is seek and you shall find.  Ask, and it shall be given.  Knock, and the door shall open.  Are you opening your door to Jesus?  He is knocking.  Even though I have been a Christian most of my life I find I still have to let Jesus in.  I still will feel an emptiness that needs to be filled.  I still need to seek Jesus on a daily basis.  Every day I find Him all over again.  

I constantly ask for guidance.  The Holy Spirit nudges, prompts, and guides me along the way.  I ask for strength, the Holy Spirit enables me to endure and continue on.  In writing these devotionals I ask for the words to write.  The Holy Spirit fills my mind with the right words to type.  Sure there are times when my mind goes blank.  Times I can’t think of what to write.  However, eventually something comes to mind and I write.  I ask, and it is given.  I seek, and find Christ every time.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment