Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Best Teleprompter


Scripture:
Luke 12-11-12
(NASB)

When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Devotional:

Often times I feel in adequate to talk to someone about Christ, or to write these devotional thoughts.  I think who am I to speak or write, what do I know?  Onetime at a men’s breakfast, I was giving the devotional for the breakfast.  As I prepared to give the devotion I questioned who am I to be able to stand up and give it.  After all there are older men who are smarter and wiser than I am.  I thought that one of them should be up there not me.  That is when God spoke to me and said “you are the one I called to stand up there not them.”  

It was then that I realized God doesn’t necessarily call those that are qualified for a task.  But He qualifies those He calls.  Next time you are faced with a conversation and you are not sure what to say.  Simply pause for a moment to pray.  The Holy Spirit will give you the words to speak.  You just have to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you.  There have been many times I don’t know what to say.  After a pause and a prayer God will give me the words to say.  Luke 12:12 (NASB) “for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”  Allow the Holy Spirit a chance to give you the words needed.  He is the best teleprompter you could ever wish for…

No comments:

Post a Comment