Friday, May 11, 2012

Are You Going To Trust Him?


Scripture:
Proverbs 3:5-6
(NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

Devotional:

After sending dozens of applications and resumes out I finally got a phone interview.  I was excited, nervous, well flat out scared to death.  What if I blow it?  What if I answer all the questions wrong despite knowing the right ones?  The interview came and went.  A few days later I received the “we are sorry” email.  At first I was bummed.  I could feel the despair welling up inside. However, I stopped it before it could take root.  No, things didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to but I know God is trust worthy and faithful.  For whatever reason God deemed it best I not get that job.  I see circumstances in a slanted way, through the perspective of a child in a broken and fallen world.  God sees things perfectly clear and has our best interest at heart.  

The question to ask yourself, are you going to trust Him?  I know from my personal experience that when I wait on Him and trust Him completely it all turns out much better.  If I do it my way I usually make a mess of things.  It is hard sometimes not to despair when I don’t get it my way.  But when I am honest with myself I know God will make things turn out much better in the end.  When things seem to go all wrong I need to focus on God instead of fretting over what went wrong.  Focusing on God helps me put things in perspective.  By focusing on Him it becomes easier to let go and get over it.  After all there is no use getting upset over split milk now is there…

No comments:

Post a Comment