Monday, July 11, 2011

What's Your Attitude?



The bible is full of persecution against God’s people.  We read about Israel falling to their sin.  Nehemiah faced a hard decision in asking the king to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem.   In the end Nehemiah trusted God and he rebuilt the wall.  Paul writes about being in prison and that his imprisonment glorified God.  Both men trusted God and put their faith in Him.  Because of their faith they accomplished great things.

How do we view our circumstances?  Will we honor God and allow Him to be glorified?  We have the choice in how we react.  Our actions can be either positive or negative.  We can be a light for Christ in what we say or do or we can hide our light under the lampshade.  I often struggle with my attitude.  I want the right attitude that will honor God.  Instead I find my attitude blocking my spiritual walk.  Paul looked at being in prison as being positive.  Through his imprisonment others came to believe in Christ.  He kept his attitude positive and looked for the good in all things.  He did his best to glorify God in all things giving Him credit to everything.  Because of his attitude he was a positive witness to countless people over many generations.  

How will people see you?  How do people see me?  I pray for God to help me change my attitude and that I can glorify Him in all I say and do.  I pray for His help in my unbelief, Mark 9:24 (NIV) “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment