Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God's Will or Our Own Ideas?


Scripture:
There are times when we cannot see God's plan through our own ideas. Years ago I had my own business. I had someone who was to be my partner. We had a grand idea how this business would be a wonderful ministry for God. We had huge plans to what we could do and what we could accomplish. The problem is that we never stopped long enough to include God. It was always what we thought should be done and how we thought it should be. Peter started with the same idea. He told Jesus that He would never suffer and die like He did. Jesus' response was “Get behind me, Satan!”

Do we recognize when Satan is planting seeds in our ears? Can we tell when it is our will in the guise of doing God's will? I have often wondered how things might have turned out had I stopped long enough to include God in His plans. We are told to guard our hearts in the Bible. What is in our hearts will be what comes out of us. If we keep Christ close in our hearts we will be more likely to include Him in our plans. Being in constant prayer will help us be in tune to what God's will is for us. The key to any relationship is communication. If you cannot communicate your relationship will suffer. Prayer is our direct line to God. When we pray are we giving a wish list to God or are we genuinely seeking His will?

When it comes down to it will we deny Jesus three times? Will we seek our own way? Is God first in your life? My goal is that all I do will glorify God. I strive to do the will of my Lord and Savior. I never want repeat the past. I do not want to make plans for the future and not include God. He needs to be the center of my dreams and aspirations. At the end of the day I do not want Jesus to say “Get behind me Satan!” I would prefer to hear the words “Well done my good and faithful servant...”

No comments:

Post a Comment