Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Keeping the Momentum



Recently I have had thoughts that my life is half over keep popping into my mind.  As the years keep creeping by I often think about what will I be doing when I reach the so called golden years?  Someone I know goes every week to visit a friend who lives in a nursing home.  He and his wife travel all over the world every chance they get.  They covet every moment they have with their grandchildren.  I also think about a Sunday school teacher I once had.  She was an older woman who lived her life for God.  We can all look back and see those who are older who fervently served the Lord.  

All too often we think that as we get older we lose our value.  The truth though is we do not lose our value but gain value.  We have a legacy to leave behind.  Our story is one for the next generation to learn from.  Even in the golden years we can honor and glorify God.  Paul in Philemon 1:9 states “…It is as none other than Paul an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus.  Even though Paul was elderly he didn’t stop or slow down the ministry God set before him.

In all things let us give thanks to God trusting in Him.  Psalm 57:1 “Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge in You;

No comments:

Post a Comment