Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Do Not Fear, Go In Peace


Scripture:
Isaiah 4:9-13
(NASB)

You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its remotest parts
And said to you, ‘You are My servant,
I have chosen you and not rejected you.
‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
“Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored;
Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish.
“ You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them,
Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent.
“For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, ‘ Do not fear, I will help you.’

Devotional:

Fear can be so strong it will paralyze you.  There are scenes in movies where someone will be so terrified they are crippled.  You want to scream at them to act, to do something.  Instead they just stand there immobilized.  What has caused you to have so much fear you are crippled and cannot act?  Are you so afraid of something you cannot act?  Sometimes I fear losing one of my children.  What if something happens to one of them?  What if something happens to my wife?  What if I lose my job?  What if something happens to our home?  Enemies all around would love to see any one of us destroyed in some form or fashion.  If left unchecked these tremors of fear can grow until they are crippling.

However, what do we have to fear?  Team wrestling has two wrestlers per team.  While one person wrestles the other is on the side lines waiting to be tagged so they can go in.  Once the wrestler is tired or facing defeat all he has to do is tag his partner and he is relieved.  He doesn’t have to face his opponent any longer.  He gets to rest and recuperate.  When we are faced with our fears God is there waiting for us to tag Him.  He will stand in our place and face off any and every thing that comes our way.  How can our enemies withstand?  How can anyone triumph over us when God is between us and them?  God who created the universe with just his word is there in your corner waiting to be tagged.  If you live by faith you have nothing to fear.  Nothing is greater than our God.  Nothing can overcome Him.  Through the entire Bible we are told how God will guide, protect, and provide.  God never fails.  He always keeps His word.  So again what do we have to fear?  We are on the winning side.  Nothing can overcome us that we do not let.  The enemy has no power over you.  He has nothing that can defeat you, as long as you are in Christ.  Christ overcame the world.  Christ has won the war.  Let Him win your battle.  Do not fear, but go in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment