Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fear of God’s Calling


Scripture:
Isaiah 41:8-14
(NIV)

“But you, Israel, my servant,
    Jacob, whom I have chosen,
    you descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
“All who rage against you
    will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
    will be as nothing and perish.
Though you search for your enemies,
    you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
    will be as nothing at all.
For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.
Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
    little Israel, do not fear,
for I myself will help you,” declares the Lord,
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Devotional:

Are you God’s servant?  Where has God called you to be?  How many of us have neglected God’s call because we were afraid, or it took us out of our comfort zone.  Sometimes we are unsure of ourselves.  After all, how can I?  We allow our fears to overcome our decision to answer God’s call.  But whom do we have to fear?  Isn’t God greater than anything else? “Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isa. 41:10).

No matter where it is that God calls you to go or do He is with you.  When God calls you to a task remember that you have nothing to fear.  If you are unsure ask Him to confirm it.  There is nothing wrong with asking Him to.  After several people in the Bible questioned God’s call, each time God confirmed it.  Ask Him to and He will confirm His calling.  When He does be ready to act…  Remember you have nothing to fear, God is with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment