Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time To Refocus


Scripture:
2 Chronicles 20:1-4
(NASB)

Now it came about after this that the sons of Moab and the sons of Ammon, together with some of the Meunites, came to make war against Jehoshaphat. Then some came and reported to Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, out of Aram and behold, they are in Hazazon-tamar (that is Engedi).” Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. So Judah gathered together to seek help from the Lord; they even came from all the cities of Judah to seek the Lord.

Devotional:

I said it before and I will say it again.  There is one really easy fix to our nation’s problems.  Jehoshaphat knew what it was and got the entire nation to fast and pray.  Yep you guessed it, we need to turn to God.  The solution is an easy one.  Following through it is what can be a challenge.  I find myself saying the same words Paul once said in Romans 7:19 (NASB), “ For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.”  He goes on to comment in verse 20, “But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.”  

Because of the sinful nature present within me I seem to constantly struggle.  As Paul put it I am at war with in myself.  But by calling upon God I will be victorious.  If we as a nation turned our eyes back upon God He will remember us.  Things would get better and problems would become solved.  What I find sad is that people everywhere are turning to all the wrong places to find a fix or cure.  The answer is right in front of us.  All we have to do is remember.  We need to follow Jehoshaphat and seek God.  We need to fast and pray for our families, communities, and our nation.  We need to quit looking in all the wrong places and in all the wrong faces.  There is only one face we need to seek.  There is only one answer we need.  Everything else will hinge upon this.  So remember in hard times, and good times, Keep your eyes on God.  He will see you through.  He will guide, provide, and protect.  As a nation we need to refocus on God…

No comments:

Post a Comment