Friday, June 15, 2012

The Lost Toy


Scripture:
Luke 15:4-10
(NIV)

“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. 

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Devotional:

There are times when one of the girls will come up to me asking where such and such toy is.  My typical response is “I don’t know, where did you leave it?”  There response is usually “I don’t know…”  Off they go searching for it, sometimes I even help in the search.  Oh, how much joy there is when the toy is found?  Cora has a favorite My Little Pony horse she plays with.  When it is missing she gets all upset.  When it is finally found you can see her joy light up her face.

How much more are the angels in heaven rejoicing when a lost soul is found?  How bright does God’s face light up when we accept Christ as our savoir?  We are much more precious than any toy or trinket.  We are more valuable than all the gold in the world.  It is a tragedy when someone remains lost in the dark.  Pray with me and help me light up the world so that we can make a difference.  Let us strive to bring Christ to the ends of the world…

No comments:

Post a Comment