Friday, December 9, 2011

I Only Know So Much...


Scripture:

As I think and ponder what to write I reflect on a few thoughts.  One of those thoughts is how little I really know.  I think I am a fairly smart person who has a decent knowledge about computers.  However over the years as I learned and improved upon my skills I realized I know very little in the grand scheme of things.  What I know I know well.  It is just that what I know is a drop in the bucket to what is out there.  The more I learn the more I realize how little I really know.

The same is true with knowing God and the Bible.  I the more I learn and the more I grow I realize how little I really know.  My relationship is still miniscule compared to what it will be.  I only see a tiny portion of the picture.  God is the only one who is able to step back and see the entire picture.  As the scripture says I know in part and see small portions.  One day though we will get to see the big picture 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV) “For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment