Wednesday, March 6, 2019

My Plan Will Work, Wont It?


Scripture:

Isaiah 25:1 (ESV)
Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things,
    plans formed of old, faithful and sure.

Devotional:

Best laid plans made by me are never as good as God’s plan.  There have been many plans I have come up with.  I carefully think through each step.  What will it take and what would the outcome likely be.  I picture how great the end results are going to be.  I form my plans.  I plan and plot.  In the end though it is not my plans but God’s plans that work out for the best.

When God doesn’t move fast enough I tend to try and form my own plans.  I think out solutions and figure what’s best.  I can forget that God already has a plan.  His plan is always better than my plans.  His timing is always better than my timing.  I just don’t always see it that way. 

As I look back on my life I review when I tried it my way and compare it to when I did it God’s way.  Can you guess which way turned out better?  Every time God’s way was better.  So here comes the hard part for me.  When I don’t see God’s plan and I lose patience I have to remember scriptures like todays.  Isaiah 25:1 “…plans formed of old…”  Also, Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV) “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

I ask you to join me in waiting for God’s plan.  He will reveal them to us when the time is right.  That is when He knows it is right not when we think it is.  God never fails and He will never let us down or forsake us.  The next time you think you need to figure it out on your own just remember God has a plan.  His plan for you is better than your own plan, I promise…

No comments:

Post a Comment