Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Are you Connected to The Roots?


Scripture
John 5:15 (ESV)

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Devotional:

Reading this verse made me think about our house.  When we first moved in the back yard was overgrown with Silverthorne bushes.  Like Kudzu it can overtake the area.  I spent many Saturdays trimming back and hauling off Silverthorne branches.  After being cut down the fresh vibrant branches would begin to die.  After sitting in the trailer for a few days the leaves were brown and withered.  The branches would dry out and become weak.  They no longer received the necessary nutrients from the trunk or stems and roots of the plant.

We are just like the Silverthorne.  As long as we are abiding in Christ we have abundant life.  We need to be rooted in His word.  We must build a personal and intimate relationship with Christ.  Without Jesus we will not have life.  John 14:6 states, “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” 
The simple truth is that we do not have life without Christ.  Branches and flowers cannot live without being connected to the roots.  Christ is our connection to the Father…

No comments:

Post a Comment