Monday, March 25, 2019

It Takes Jesus


Scripture:

1 John 1:9 (ESV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Devotional:

After working on a motorcycle, or car, I tend to get grease all over my hands.  No, I am not a mechanic, I just pretend to be when the brakes need to be done or an oil change is needed.   The point is that by the time I am done my hands are coated with grease.  When I rinse them with water they do not come clean.  No matter how hard I try the grease just clings to my hands.  I have found one of the best ways to clean them is to use the dish soap Dawn. 

A simple fact of life is that we are all sinners.  We each have sin in our lives.  There are things we are not proud of and want to hide.  Another fact of life is that there is nothing we can do to cleanse ourselves of our sins.  When we try it is like washing our hands with just water.  Our hands might even begin to look clean but in reality, they are still dirty.  1 John 1:9 tells us to confess our sins.  We will be forgiven.  John 14:6 (ESV), Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me…’”

Jesus is the way, He is the light of the world.  Through Him our sins are forgiven.  Water cannot wash the grease off our hands.  It takes a good soap.  Nothing we can do will remove or cleanse us of our sins.  It takes Jesus…

No comments:

Post a Comment