Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anxieties or Peace?

Scripture:
Psalm 119:145-152
(NIV)

I call with all my heart; answer me, LORD,
and I will obey your decrees.
I call out to you; save me
and I will keep your statutes.
I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I have put my hope in your word.
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promises.
Hear my voice in accordance with your love;
preserve my life, LORD, according to your laws.
Those who devise wicked schemes are near,
but they are far from your law.
Yet you are near, LORD,
and all your commands are true.
Long ago I learned from your statutes
that you established them to last forever.

Devotional:                                                    

At some point in our lives anxiety grips us and can create havoc in our lives.  There are nights when I just can’t seem to sleep.  I lay there tossing and turning wishing I could just fall asleep for a little while.  I lie in bed and try to quite my mind without success.  Instead it just keeps racing thoughts through faster than the Indy 500.   Once I run out of thoughts I start back at the beginning for another lap.  Recently I decided I would focus on God instead.  When I wake up in the middle of the night I force myself to quite my mind and pray.  I just start talking with God.  Sometimes we have a long chat and other times I slip off to sleep in just a few minutes time.

Everyone gets caught up with something that worries them or makes them anxious.  This affects each of us in different ways.  What is important to remember is that God is with us.  He is in control.  We need to turn over our worries to Him.  When our focus in on the world our anxieties are prone to build up and can overwhelm us.  When we focus on God He will give us peace.  We can rest assured that God will take care of what troubles us.  We just have to be patient and wait for Him.  In His time all things will work out for the best.  He has our best interest in mind when He works everything out.  He wants what is best for us.  He knows how best to deal with all the different situations we get ourselves into.  He has the best possible timing already planned out.  All we have to do is trust in Him.  I cannot think of anyone better than God to trust my whole life to.  Can you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment