Monday, July 14, 2014

Yes I Can

Yes I Can
Scripture:
Philippians 2:3
(NIV)

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,

Devotional:

If we are not careful we can take being humble too far.  People will think you have a self-confidence issue.  On the other hand people can hide their lack of self-confidence through too much humbleness.  We are to be confident without being prideful.  For some of us that can be difficult.  Times in my life I struggle with being too humble or in reality low self-confidence.  Philippians 4:13 (NIV) states “I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” 


There were times when Paul boasted but it was always not of himself but of God or what God does in or through him.  Look at how you view yourself.  How does other people view you?  Are you humble or do you struggle with self-confidence.  We can be confident in all things because of Christ in us.  The next time you think I can’t simply remember that Christ can and He is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment