Saturday, March 22, 2014

Renew A Right Spirit



Scripture:
Psalm 51:10-13
(NASB)

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.

Devotional:

Create, to make something.  In me, within myself.  A clean heart, to purify or remove the unwanted or dirt.  How many times have I asked God for forgiveness?  How many times have longed to renew my relationship with God because I have fallen away?  Are these familiar questions?  I know there are times when I struggle with sin.  There are times when I feel myself wandering away from God.
In these verses David is asking God to not only forgive him of his sin but to cleanse him.  David felt the weight of his sin upon his shoulders.  Nathan the prophet confronted David of his sin, sleeping with Bathsheba.  David turned to God seeking forgiveness.  He sought to renew his relationship with Him.  

Do not cast me away.  To be put aside removed from ones presence.  Do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.  To withhold or separate from.  Do you feel as if God is casting you aside and about to remove himself or the Holy Spirit from you?  The truth couldn’t be farther away than this.  Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV, “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”  There are many verses where God promises that He will never leave or forsake us.  All we have to do is repent of our sins.  We need to seek Him and place Him first in our lives.

God will restore the joy of His salvation and renew a right spirit within us.  Christ is the way, truth, and light.  He is the bread and water of life.  Through Jesus we are restored.  Through Jesus we can have a spirit of God.  We will be filled with the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment