Friday, November 22, 2013

Deliver The Message



Scripture:
Romans 10:14-17
(NIV)

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Devotional:

I am a firm believer that one of the best ways to witness to others is through your own life.  Let other people see Christ in you.  By being the “lighthouse” for Christ shining brightly forth for all to see.  However, it isn’t enough.  The best form of communication is through words.  The interaction of a conversation will solidify and confirm what people see in you. 

If I am angry at someone they can see that I am angry.  I can tell something is wrong and might even avoid me.  If I do not communicate my anger they will never know the what, whom, and why.  They will never understand that it was them I was angry at.  They will never know why I was angry.  But, if I go to them and tell them I am angry and why then they will know.  It is through the verbal message that communicates the truth.

If people see Jesus in you they may never realize the truth of what is different.  You have to exchange words.  In some form or fashion you have to communicate with them.  As Christians we have to tell others about Christ.  We have to deliver His message.  Sometimes it might be a letter, Paul wrote tons of letters.  It might be an email, I bet Paul would have emailed if he could have.  Just maybe you can pick up the phone and talk or speak with people face to face.  But one way or the other each and every one of us has to deliver the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment