Thursday, October 18, 2012

Salvation For Everyone



Scripture:
Matthew 20:9-16
(NIV)

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Devotional:

This morning I had a conversation with a friend at the coffee shop.  The subject was about salvation.  The example was of a person who committed crimes, murder and theft.  Upon their deathbed they say they are sorry.  Do they still get to go to heaven?  My answer was…  Of course not, are you kidding those scum don’t deserve salvation…  OK, I didn’t really say that.  What I did say was that if they truly repented and sought Christ in their hearts they would receive salvation.  For some reason this concept doesn’t sit well with a lot of people.  One thought is that someone like that, serial killers and other similar people, do not deserve to go into heaven.  I have an eye opener for people who believe that.  They do not deserve salvation; I don’t either for that matter.  The other reason I think people have a hard time with this is someone waiting till literally the last minute to seek repentance and salvation.  They believe it just inst fair or right.  Well it may not be fair, but that is OK.  However, it is right.  Salvation is for everyone.

One time someone shared with me that they were glad life wasn’t fair.  As we all know life isn’t fair and I agree that it is a good thing too.  What would you get, or have, if life was fair.  For starters none of us would have God’s blessings.  None of us would have salvation.  If life was fair and we got only what we deserve, then all we would get is death.  The wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23.  In Romans 3:23 (NIV) it states, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”  Because life is not fair we have salvation.  Romans 6:23 (NIV), “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  We do not deserve it, none of us do.  God gives it anyway.  God loves us so much that Christ came, suffered, and died for all of us and all our sins.  It doesn’t matter when you accept Christ as your savior.  It does matter that you do accept Him.  After you die it is too late.  You cannot go back.  There is no do over.  

We have only one chance in this life.  It doesn’t matter what the sins are.  All sin is forgivable, if you are young, old, dying, or a have a full life ahead, you need Christ.  John 16:6 (NIV), “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment